Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Wine Bottle Redesign (Logo)

I wanted the logo concept to define the words "Killer Bee" but it had to be something new and fresh. In other words, no images of bees holding guns or knives, or dripping blood. Those are too obvious. It needs to be subtle. At first, I thought of a bee with crossbones underneath, but I don't want to infer that the wine is poison. Then I thought perhaps the markings on the back of the bee could make a subtle skull. Then it hit me, use the type to convey the message (See the following logo ideas). Also, I found a great image of the natural geometric proportions of a bee (see the circle diagram). According to "Sacred Geometry – Philosophy and Practice”, by Robert Lawlor, the proportions of the bee are a 1 to the square root of 2 ratio.

No comments:

Post a Comment